Saturday, January 5, 2013

My 2013 Mantra: Fire!

Every year since 2008 I've chosen a single word mantra to help me focus on my personal work for the year.
Past mantra's have been: serenity, kindness, havefun, love, compassion. 
I love looking at each of these words and associating them with the personal work I've done over the years.  The past five years have largely been about learning to be nicer to myself and people around me.

An important part of my process has been working to remember that we are all simply doing the best we can with what we have. To make peace with that.  To accept what is for exactly what it is.

I have come far in that journey, these concepts have become a deep part of how I see and move through the world. Now it's time to turn the page.  To start a new chapter.
My 2013 mantra is: Fire!
This year is about stepping it up and tending the Fire! of my passion to share mindfulness and healthy lifestyle choices with as many people as possible.

The journey starts here in Haiti. Over the next two months I'll tend my own fire of mindfulness and wellness and explore the best ways to share it with others.  I'll start with teaching 5 yoga classes a week at Project Zen, doing healthy lifestyle coaching sessions, and learning about what mindfulness, health and wellness looks like for people here in Haiti.

The sunrise pictured is the Fire! vision I start each day with here in Haiti.  Much love and adoration to anyone reading this and sharing in my journey of being in Haiti on Purpose.




No comments:

Post a Comment